Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Bread Bag: I ♥ Pandesal

I ♥ pandesal. It is like the bread of all breads for a Filipino. I miss the old days when I wake up every morning just to go to the nearest bakery (bekeri in tagalog slang =D) and buy pandesal for our family. I love eating it every morning. I eat pandesal with Liby's peanut butter, with Milo (now with coffee), with ham or with fried rice. I also love eating it during merienda (afternoon snack). I eat it with pancit, with lugaw or with ice cream.

Now who would have thought a brilliant idea to serve pandesal as their main entrée. They are the guys at The Bread Bag. Unlike the traditional sandwich bars that we have here in the metro. This resto uses pandesal as their sandwich.

I first encountered Bread Bag when I gave my car a spa treatment at Big Bert's, Home Depot, Ortigas. What caught my interest is their store sign that said "pandesal bar". It made me look at their menu and upon seeing that they are serving Batangas coffee, it made me decide to give it a try.

My try was not a disappointment and each time I do my usual visit at Big Bert's, I also do my usual visit at Bread Bag. It became a tradition, like the way a used to buy bread in the morning. =D

What I usually buy at bread bag is the Adobo Flakes with Kesong Puti. The adobo flakes and kesong puti is topped at the brick oven baked pandesal and it is serve with camote (sweet potato) chips and adobo sauce. Their pandesal tastes very good. Its brick oven cooking adds the strong taste and smell on the bread and even made it better when ate with Filipino dishes like the adobo.

I've also tried their Sardine Sandwich, which is also a traditional way of eating pandesal with a meal. This sandwich served with a sweet and spicy sauce and I usually eat it with either a soda or with a juice.

If you are looking for a place that serves excellent pandesal meals and good Batangas coffee. Try The Bread Bag and I bet you will enjoy it - 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment